Remember how I said I like to look for the silver lining? I tried kids. I really did. I like going to Panera and using their free wifi while eating my usual Frontega Chicken sandwich. I like looking all wide-eyed at pastries and breads and cookies and quiches on display. But I can't say I was enlightened or amused at this sandwich when I got it and then looking at my receipt. I mean, it's not horrible, it's not like Panera butchered or destroyed the flavor of Lobster. However, I do feel like they could have done more with the sandwich to make it stand out more. At the very least, this sandwich would have been better on toasted bread and not so chilled. The good news: it has actual lobster claw meat, and multiple claws of meat, and it didn't look too minced up on the lone leaf of lettuce and bread.
Now, besides a food blogger, who on earth buys a $17 dollar sandwich at Panera? Apparently, after looking around the restaurant, more people than I thought. I hope they enjoy the sandwich more than I did. I'm tempted by the calls of hot cookies and pastries, but now I'm broke because I paid $17 on a sandwich.
But don't let me stop you from going out and determining for yourself what you think of the sandwich. I ate my meal and typed up this post at the Panera in Viera's Avenues Shopping Center.


No comments:
Post a Comment