Monday, July 5, 2010

Fights & Floats

This holiday weekend was the Lesner vs. Carwin fight, if you're not sure what that means, I'm referring to the UFC fight that went down on July 3rd.  And if I'm not going out to a friend's house to watch the fight, you can always find me in the back room at Broken Barrel with my martial arts crew.  It's a pretty good set up, private room, huge projector screen(s), and food and drinks a flowin'!  And what kind of dessert do you get on a fight night?  Well, clearly, a stout float!


Broken Barrel, or sometimes referred to as BB in IMs and texts, is one of the newer and hidden gems in the Palm Bay area at the shopping plaza on the SW corner of Palm Bay Rd. and Babcock St.  Now, I could talk about the 40 beers on tap or the list of 300 bottled beers and really good smoked wings that are available, but I'll tell you about the float I got at BB.  Overall, I'm a dark beer gal.  I like my Guinness, I like my Optimator and my stouts, so it seemed like a natural progression to try the chocolate stout float at Broken Barrel.  A nice, thick, beer shake essentially.  I must have played it up way more in my head than what it was.  It was 3/4 beer and 1/4 vanilla ice cream.

Don't be fooled by the glass, there was no italian beer in this, it was Young's in the glass.  People were asking me what I got, and really, it was beer and ice cream.  Now, I don't know if I would get it again, but if I did, I would pair it with Terrapin's coffee stout instead of the chocolate stout.

I recommend this place all the time to people for a good place to hang out with friends and watch fights.  There's darts, billiards, and live music some nights.  Peek in the back room on a UFC fight night and say "Hi" and meet some really cool people too :)

The Broken Barrel Tavern on Urbanspoon

No comments: