Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bars, Babes, and Burgers

When posting on Facebook about where I should eat in Atlanta, I was consistently told to try the Vortex for some of the best burgers in town.  So that's what I did.
First off, this place does not allow minors since there is smoking allowed on the premises.  None at all.  Even if you're 17 and your mom and dad are with you, it's not gonna happen.  So if you have a problem with that, take it up with Georgia law, not the Vortex.  That was an interesting bit of information that I didn't know about Georgia.  However, it might be a good thing due to the decor.  It's kind of like if Friday's restaurants had a much cooler, PBR tall boy chuggin', rocker cousin restaurant.


Some like it hot.  I like it hotter. At the Vortex I got the Hell Burger which was essentially a regular hamburger with habanero relish on it.   The relish brought some heat to the burger, but I wouldn't call it hell by any means.  The burger in general hit the spot for fixin' my burger hankering.   On the side, I had the chili with a jalapeno cornbread. The Jalapeno cornbread was a bonus treat for me.

 

I will warn you though, there are a few (as in many) guidelines about eating at the Vortex, and the rules are all spelled out for you on the menu and drink menu.  Let's just say, they enforce their "Idiot-Free Zone" policies.


Oh, and as for the girl in the picture smoking a cigarette?  She still works there at the Vortex in Midtown.  I'm not sure about the girl holding the PBR.  But if you want to see more about the Vortex menu, or just get to know the Girls of the Vortex, check out their website.


Vortex Bar & Grill (Midtown) on Urbanspoon

No comments: